UNDERSTANDING SLEEP APNEA
As many as half of people with Obstructive Sleep Apnea are overweight.
• Loud snoring that typically bothers others
• Gasping or choking sounds
• Breathing pauses observed by someone watching you sleep
• Sudden body jerking
• Restless tossing and turning
• Frequent awakening while sleep
You may also experience:
• Morning headaches
• Dry mouth or throat
• Feeling sleepy or fatigued during the day
• Poor memory or mood swings
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What causes obstructive sleep apnea?
Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) has many different possible causes.
How is obstructive sleep apnea diagnosed?
obstructive sleep apnea is diagnosed by a sleep study or polysomnogram.
How is obstructive sleep apnea treated?
Treatment for sleep apnea will depend on the severity of the OSA and cause of the condition.